Thursday, December 13, 2007

sigh~~


outside the barbecue area called the Saltlick in Driftwood (very dreamy...). We had a good lunch before the Q&A (I still think they tricked us into coming to this...) it is amazingly cold and windy that your smile is kind of frozen in time... esp when people take a long time taking pictures...

the week has been crazy... I am trying to squeeze in time to watch as many youtubes and tudous as possible...lol so I can totally feel relax and holiday-y but it has been frustratingly overwhelming .. lots to do..many not within my control... at least I have an effective and really kind person in charge to turn to halfway around the global... so I cant complaint too much I guess...
Oh~~ and I hope my hostel/dorm is not too bad . It sounds very nice though... Hinton James, very much like a name from OTH, lol which btw films in somewhere in North Carolina, NC too... but according to Google map is some 6 hours drive away, much further than Washington, DC (which for your info, takes 4 hours drive). Hinton James, however, was the name of the 1st student who studied in UNC (I have no idea how you calculate that, dont students come in batches??), who btw walked all the way from Wilmington ( the same place that OTH is filming at) to Chapel Hill, impressive. I just hope with crossed fingers that the dorm and dorm mates are just as impressive :)

My time table, on the other hand, got to be the coolest cause I have ALL the modules that I love, thank my lucky stars [mum!] and Ms Ellen Rozen... though the 2 finance ones look weirdly tough as finance has never my strong point I guess.. but aza aza fighting~~ lol my time table is as below...
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
1-1.45 [yess, its that loong]
Applied Micro economic, which uses the textbook that NUS uses, which I have as well! bought it at a bargain of 20 bucks!!
Tuesday, Thursday (killer days... nice I like~~)
8-9.15
Consumer behavior (marketing)
9.30-10.45
Merger and acquisition (finance)
12.30-1.15
Global Marketing (marketing, with the same professor!!)
2-3.15
Adv corporate finance (finance.. duh~~ this is half module, which i take it that it last half a semester?? and together with merger and acquisition, another half module, it will be one full
NUS Corporate Finance module)
3.30-6.15
Quantitative methods for derivatives securities... (finance)
As you can see Mon, Wed and Fri are essentially Slack-Your-Socks-Off day. cause I have only one 45 min class (its not even an hour! oh gosh~~) but I guess it makes me less of a lazy bones and maybe get some grocery shopping/cleaning or random task done I guess...
mum is suggesting that I go do some charity work (there is this activity that raise funds for hospital in Chapel Hill I believe, read too much guide to rem properly...) or learn some sports (yoga, rowing maybe? there is a university lake there but you need to pay...).. I am more inclined to learning a language, most likely Spanish? [I can heard you laughing from here, sis] though mum and sis say its too hard a work and I will most likely forget them anyways... oh *shrugs* we shall see I guess...

No comments: