Thursday, January 24, 2008

dorm~~books~~pots & pans




the bag of pots and pans! luckily the bag didn't tear~~ else with 2 books, a backpack (with 2 books, one ultra thick one), I dint think I can manage back across the car park to get back dorm






my closet (2 of them!) for drying things...lol


for my sis: the books (4, 2 of the same copies) came in this box.. priority mail from the United States Postal Services.. I was sure you will be interested so took a picture, though you cant really see the recipient (not me, so it's fine if it cant be seen..wehe) it was sooo hard to get the book out of the box...


my shelf of knowledge... the books that I have gotten (one is in a library water proof plastic bag as it is a great novel that I will definitely love.. its too fragile without plastic cover and the other green one is the library book .. my parents will bring my copy over soon! together with 1 finance book and another reference book)



Realised the lack of photos for the last 2 posts (usu try to put some pictures but I have been lazy, not taking my camera with me... talking about which, I hope my sis is not missing the camera too much.. it is usu a hobby of hers to take pictures, not me.. the times I have with the camera (not counting overseas trips ) are limited to helping my sis photo-take...

I have been blessed with meeting great people here... it has been really fortunate.. even though I should feel bad/awkward/uncomfortable about accepting people kind gestures, like my buddy and his family constant help in both picking me up, buying things for me, ensuring I am okay and buying me meals...especially since I don't know them before hand... yet they are still so kind to me... I think I am enjoying the help more than the feeling of awkwardness...

I think it feels bad to reject the host's generous hospitality and I should accept with grace and gratitude and reciprocate in other ways... It is not something I am too familiar with, rather like a new experience for me as I have always been able to do many things without much assistance in the past... beside my family and bestest or old friends and people close to me...

Yet, in a whole new environment, you realise that it is easier ( not necessay or a have-to) to accept people's help and try to smile gratefully and sincerely... it makes life happier and the world a much nicer place to be in.. its not that you really need those nice gesture... you would die from lack of directions/help from strangers that you may not ever see after this but it certainly makes you a warmer person and the university experience a better/funner one :)

No comments: