Tuesday, July 1, 2008
*gulps*
I know I know, I am (technically) not a teen or tween anymore (whatever that means) .... but I have to confess, I enjoy the Princess Diaries, alway have.... I have spend so many times at borders pouring over the books (never quite to buy them type, unless they are like hp or jodi's and paulo's style) and every time I visit the place and actually spend time on the series, they will def be a new book from the series...
the diary style is just so engaging...though I think as I grow up, I am more concern about the plot-the fate of Mia... and I would rather see it in the form of partial narrative, partial diary style so we can actually know what Tina, Lily, J.P., Boris and most importantly Michael felt/think/knows before Mia makes the mess of the situation and finds out the harsh way.
I like novels that look at characters from different angle, v much like the novel style of vintage point... which may explains why I love hp and jodi's comforting style. the prob in real life is that you can never really know what the other party is thinking of you/world views etc, the small, subtle reaction, hurt, delight, the fleeting tug of the heart... so its nice to look at the situation in different angles and I personally think jodi is a genius at this~
I was rather upset when I read Princess Mia, the book saw the end of her relationship and longest-time friendship and it was just hard to read man. I have never read the books as religious as I did for hp, I browse, read, skip, re-read, forget, re-browse... you get the drift. but I have alway like the friendship and her relationship, although not her over-compulsive need to over analysis and be over sensitive and suspicious (hmm that seems to the trend of the young girls in meg's books) about a lot of things but mainly over her relationship.
sometimes I wonder, years of friendship... is it so vulnerable? so unable to withstand the test? as you age, the amount of friendship you can grasp on, seems so much lesser than before...
oh and on a cheery note.. bestie is coming home!!!!! FINALLY~~~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment