she took like tons of pictures with everyone, some requested for a hug (which she says in surprise that "hugs are always good") and this lady took many good pictures of Ms Chelsea with her PDA phone... nice tech~~ someone commented that she must be sick of taking so many pictures (which was why I was rather hesitate to take one with her... the poor girl must have taken enough to last a life time) but she smiled and says something in the line of liking to take them as you get to meet interesting people (referring to one guy who came in a pirate hat) truth be told, she was more friendly and more energized during the short meeting session than she was on stage... especially in the initial stages when you can see she is really tired... her voice was flat and her answers were all number games rather than what she believed in.. in the later stages she seems better but caught a glimpse of her rubbing her forehead.. man she has been campaigning hard... a one person even turned into a family affair...
at her left, clinton campaign senior advisor (if i dont recall wrongly).. a cute girl from the university paper (hmm DTH maybe?) was wanting to ask her how she enjoys NC/Chapel Hill and he answered on her behalf as she was busy taking photos with us.. his reply was that she is enjoying herself (what else?) and has been to many NC cities and how it has been a great experience...
the crowd before the start...it was raining, else it would have been beautiful to do it in the Pit... so the cafe was busting at the start...
got closer to the stage as the time passed and people leave...
if you can see, thats the girl with the poster saying something like there is a question here...lol
the second storey was packed as well, there was even a mic to allow people to ask questions from there...
when I was around at 2+ it wasnt too crowded, when I rushed in at just over 3, it was packed... the event was supposed to start at 3.15 but was delayed for an hour cause her flight was delayed..she came in from Peace College from Raleigh (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j_-7rQ1pPFlgZWWuy5mNXJX_Ff-QD8VOMVT02) which is usually travelled to by car rather than a plane....
current vice president of student body, who talked about how Eve tried her best to get political people to come over in anticipation of the NC primary which "is important, for once"..lol in his hands is a Eve's tee, with Eve's dance party in front and The world's our dance floor (i think) on the back... very pretty, wish I know who is benefiting from the sale of the tee..
Us with the crazy guy standing in front of us. I am only good with taking pictures of myself, with more than one person in the frame, I have problems, which is why you cant see me (well you can if you look really closely...lol at the right hand side...lol)he was talking with his friends and he noticed we were taking pictures, so he came to join us.. funny guy, name's seth I think, from listening to his group of friends making liberal jokes ( as in stereotypical liberals jokes... lol .. not that I know any but I can understand the sarcastic)
me and cloe (from Seoul, Korean University- she is very nice, suggesting that we should get together for dinner/lunch some time soon before we all leave UNC, she even offer to let me stay in her house if I am to visit Seoul *smiles* I, on the other hand, offered to take her around Singapore if she comes)
tar heels voice entertaining us with 3 songs (I only recognise the 1st song, Everything by Buble, the other 2 are nice church-y songs *smiles*)
okies, allow me to gush for a while.... lol.. I was wondering when will they come.. finally they did... well as close as it gets I think.. may prefer his dad(?) but she was cool as well... :)
was a total coinciding that I saw she will be coming.. I was seeking shelter from the rain just minutes from my economic class and decided to go to the undergrad lib (sis: the one you all been too). was in the bathroom (gosh I have so much trouble calling the toilet bathroom)and was looking at the posters pasted on the door (they have to most interesting events pasted on the door~~ and I saw Chelsea Clinton event in the Pit on the 31st March... and I was like isn't that over? How come I didnt see that poster before (mind you, I visit the undergrad lib often, if not for the nice sofa, the computers.. and also the bathroom often too)
then I realise it's today!hohoho.. I knew I should have took that cammie (camera) this morning! ( I was actually staring at it, wondering if I should take it or not, decided there was no need to) sigh shoot myself on the foot...
so had my quiz, met my teammate (who is a super cheer leader in our famous basketball team, she travels with the teams to the games.. ie she gets prime seats to the games~~) for a while to discuss how to tackle a case with no questions...lol
had a quickie lunch (like in 10 minutes, cleared a plate of rice, mac and cheese and coleslaw.. super american stuff oh..and a pizza) and took like 10minutes to walk all the way back to my dorm to get the camera.. and sammie (ie my spore cell with a camera so I have some pictures there as well when I am back)
oh and did I mention I do believe its the start of the rainy season here in chapel hill so I was never dry the entire day? heavy rain, small drizzle, sunny showers, cloudy and dark downpour.. all in a day ~~ dramatic (such a understatement)
No comments:
Post a Comment